Novato - Hamiliton Airfield
The property covers an area of about 553 acres on two sites that are separated by U.S. Highway 101. The Air Force utilized the property from the early 1940's until 1974. After Hamilton Air Force Base was decommissioned, the Navy took ownership of housing and community services to form DoD Housing Facility Novato and the Army took over the runway and associated structures to form Hamilton Army Airfield. The 311-acre Main Site is located on the east side of U.S. Highway 101.
See below for thousands of pages documenting contamination at